Friday, October 21, 2011

Monster Mash

For one of my kid's school Halloween party, the class is having a "Monster Mash" in the gym. Here's my layout for the pics to go on, using Mini Monsters, Formal Occasions (who knew this one had "Monster Mash"?), and my favorite Doodlebug Monster Mania paper!  I used a lot of pop dots to give it some dimension.  I was down to scraps of most of this paper, so it was a bit tricky piecing all it all together strategically to cover the holes!   I've got the black mats ready to add pics after the party.









Cricut:
Mini Monsters-the skeleton, pumpkin man, and ghost
Formal Occasions-Monster Mash title
Paper-Doodlebug Monster Mania
embossing folders, black baker's twine, pop dots

I'm linking this to the TPV challenge to use a recipe of 1 pumpkin (does my pumpkin monster count?), 2 word title, and 3 buttons. 

I'm also going to link to the BBTB2 challenge to make a Halloween layout and use purple on the project.  The spiderweb paper is purple in real life, and there are purple dots and stripes.  Some of the purple looks kind of periwinkle in the pictures for some reason.

10 comments:

  1. What a super fantastic LO. Great papers and great design. Thanks for sharing it with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great 2 page layout! Love the little monsters. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layout! the cuts you chose are adorable and the papers are so fun. thanks for joining the contest at BBTB2 and best of luck. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun lay-out! Great title and buttons!

    Thanks for joining us over at the BBTB2! DT Member Carri

    ReplyDelete
  5. A monster mash sounds like fun!! Love this layout. Fabulous design and paper choices. Thanks so much for playing with us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super-adorable layout!! I am definately a scrapbooker at heart so your layout makes me especially happy that you are joining us this week at BBTB2~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Layout! I am now singing the Monster Mash! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2
    Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG this layout has so much fun!!!! Thank you for joining us this week at TPV!

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute and love how you used up your scraps!!! thanks for playing at TPV!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a cute and fun layout..thanks for playing at TPV

    ReplyDelete