Thursday, January 5, 2012

Baby It's Cold Outside

I made this layout with 3 Birds on Parade (although I used a couple of other carts too) for the Exploring Cricut challenge to make a winter scene.  I plan to put some pics of the kids playing in the snow and sledding on it.   I love 3 Birds on Parade-the birds are so funny!  Great titles too.   The background paper is from The Paper Studio.  I am also going to link this to the SOUS challenge to use a diecut snowflake on a project.






I used Everyday Paperdolls for the skis and Winter Frolic for the sled (it's actually in one of the borders), plus some stickle at the edge of the snow.  The snowflakes are from the CM Cheerful Seasons cart.

Cricut:
3 Birds on Parade-Snow Day cut at 3 inches, Baby It's Cold Outside cut at 2 1/2 inches, birds cut at 5 inches
Everyday Paperdolls-skis cut at 3 inches on real dial size
Winter Frolic-sled cut at 1 1/2 inches
CM Cheerful Seasons-snowflakes, one at 3 inches and one at 3 1/2 inches
Paper-The Paper Studio, plus assorted cardstock from my stash
stickle in Frosted Lace and brown chalk ink in Jumbo Java for edges

14 comments:

  1. This is fabulous!!! Those birds are so so cute and that bg snowflake paper is great. Love the cut snowflakes, too. Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow what a very cute layout!
    I love the cuts you choose....
    Thanks for joining us at SOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed seeing the cute birds, and as I am a snow-bird by going to FL in the winter. Just made me wonder how a show-bird would look next to a palm tree is some layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your layout so much! Thanks for entering our challenge at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute as usual:) Your birdies are so fun in their winter scene. Thank you for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors and those little birds are just darling! Thanks for joining us this week at Exploring Cricut! Blessings...

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a precious layout. Thanks for joining the challenge at Exploring Cricut.

    Crafty hugs,
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this layout! It is adorable and so much fun. I have not gotten this cartridge out in a while. Thanks for the reminder that I need to pull it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is downright adorable. I too love the 3 birds on parade cartridge. I love the different colors you incorporated into the snowflakes. Great job. Glad you could join us at SOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute!! Love the little birds - and the snowflakes look great! Thanks for joining in on the SOUS challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just adorable! I have almost bought that cart so many times but have wondered how much use I would get out of it .. I love this one and your snowflakes! So glad that you played with us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All that yo say .. I need that cart!

    ReplyDelete
  13. super cute layout, I have this cart but have never used it..shame on me...LOL
    Loving your take on our snowflake challenge..
    thnx for playing along with us over at SOUS
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cutie pie project! Those birdies are just darling!
    And LOVE those snowflakes! Those are just gorgeous!
    Super fun page..thanks so much for also sharing at SOUS!

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete