Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Give Thanks layout

Thanksgiving is just around the corner-well almost!  Are you a turkey or ham family?  We go back and forth, but last year my husband smoked a turkey and it was the absolute best turkey I've ever had!  So it is definitely turkey again this year.   So when I saw the BBTB2 challenge to use a turkey, it was time to make my Thanksgiving scrapbook page.   I used the stretched turkey from Stretch Your Imagination, and he turned out looking mighty fine.   I also cut some leaves from SYI.   Two use the Silhouette feature over the blackout leaf cut, which I thought looked pretty.  The layered"Give Thanks" title is from the Phrases cart.




And the story behind the pie, which is from Simply Charmed (without the smiley face part) is that my extended family LOVES pie, so all family gatherings and holidays include lots of pie.  We even have birthday pies instead of cake sometimes!   When I saw the Pause Dream Enjoy challenge to do a food/beverage project, I added my cricut pie to represent all the delicious pie we will be eating over Thanksgiving.

Cricut:
Phrases-title
Simply Charmed-pie
Stretch Your Imagination-turkey, leaves
Paper-DCWV All Seasons print, CTMH solid card stock
brown chalk ink

14 comments:

  1. WOW! This layout rocks! I love the paper choices and those leaves are fabulous! Your tall turkey looks thin enough that he may survive this holiday!! This is truly a wonderful layout and I so appreciate you sharing it with us at BBTB2!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW INDEED, this is simply wonderful.... love this layout. Thanks for sharing it with us at BBTB2.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful LO's.Love all the cuts you used.Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love your layout! It is just perfect, your turkey is too cute, love the fall leaves, that beautiful "word" paper and of course the pie, omgosh my family loves pies too!! I have made from scratch since late summer 16 peach pies, 8 apple pies and only 2 pumpkin pies so far, more on the way. lol Oh yes, my family loves their pies. And yes, we use pies for birthday cakes too! Glad to know we aren't the only ones!! lol Thanks for sharing your amazing lo with us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful scrapbook layout with Pie. Especially like the mat paper with Thanksgiving words on it. Thanks for entering Pause Dream Enjoy Food & Beverage challenge.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    PDE DT Group B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your beautiful layout. Great cricut cuts. Love the tall turkey. Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome layout. So many adorable cuts and the mat paper is so perfect. Thanks so much for joining us for the turkey challenge at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous layout as usual:) Love all the cuts you chose!

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your LO. The patternpaper that you used, makes the pages really pop TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now i am wondering how i missed this AWESOME layout.. i so enjoy reading your posts... We are a turkey bunch except for one of the boys doesn't like turkey so we have BOTH.. Yes your turkey did turn out might fine..

    ReplyDelete
  11. great layout, thanks for playing with us at BBTB2, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful layout! I am in love with the patterned paper - it is so CUTE!! Thanks for playing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges :) Hope to see you again soon.

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. super awesome layout thanks for sharing with uS AT BBTB2

    ReplyDelete