Thursday, July 11, 2013

Over the Hill birthday card

We have a friend who is turning 50 this weekend, so I had to make a special birthday card for this event, lol!  I've found lots of inspiration on the Nifty Fifties cartridge recently, and I used the vintage car image for my card.  The sentiment (a quote from Charles Schultz)  is where it gets fun though.  It says "Just remember, once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed."  It made ME laugh anyway, but we'll see what the birthday guy thinks!




Cricut:
Nifty Fifties-car, cut at 2 1/2 in.
Paper-CTMH solids, polka dot from the stash (card is sized for a business envelope, fyi)
Sentiment stamp-Stampin' Up set
Stamp-quote is also stamp from my stash, but I have no idea where I got it
ink-Memento Tuxedo Black

I'm going to link this to the SOUS Nifty Fifties die cut challenge.  

3 comments:

  1. Love this card, great card.....thanks for sharing it with us at SOUS !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card looks great, so clean and neat. Great car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love old cars and yours is just perfect for the challenge! Thanks for joining Sous!

    ReplyDelete