Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Miles Above the Rest layout plus Watching the World Go By layout

Are you recovering from the holidays?  We had a wonderful Christmas with all our family but I'll confess I'm enjoying a relaxing week with home with the kids over the rest of the holiday break from school, with no music lessons or school events.  It's bitterly cold outside, so perfect weather to for me curl up in the basement and have crafty fun!  And while I swore I was done baking after my Christmas baking marathon, the kids are begging for cookies, so I believe some cookie baking is in store today.

 I have two layouts today, both using the Echo Park We Are Family collection.  Over Thanksgiving, I attended a huge family reunion for my uncle's 90th birthday. This paper collection has been perfect for scrapping some the multigenerational family pictures I took.  Layout #1 was inspired by the hot air balloon paper and I found the perfect title on the Wild Card 2 cartridge (along with the hot air balloons), to reflect that our awesome extended family, spread all over the country, is "Miles Above the Rest".   Lots of pics of family groups hanging out and talking will go on here.


Cricut for layout #1-
Wild Card 2-title, hot air balloons, font
Paper-Echo Park We Are Family collection prints/stickers, CTMH solids
brown chalk ink

Layout #2 was also inspired by the paper, in this case the globe with the heart paper.  I found the title on 3 Birds on Parade-Watching the World Go By.  The journal box says "making memories".  I have lots of pics of all of us looking at the memorabilia celebrating my uncle's life that were displayed that will go on here.  The  sticker strips on the top and bottom were from the paper collection.


Cricut-
3 Birds on Parade-title
Paper-Echo Park We Are Family collection prints/stickers, CTMH solids
brown chalk ink

1 comment: