Monday, November 30, 2015

Holly Christmas card

Happy Monday!  I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving weekend.  I enjoyed my Thanksgiving day off, although I had to work some shifts at the hospital the rest of the weekend.  I did get a little online holiday shopping done though!

Well, Christmas season is upon us and our BBTB2 challenge this week is the hanging of the greens: use a Christmas plant or tree.  I love holly and I make at least one card design with a holly leaf each year, so I'm sharing one of my Christmas cards.  This is my favorite cricut holly leaf (from the CM Cheerful Seasons cartridge) on a kraft card base.   I popped up my holly leaf on some foam tape and added a border with my pen to frame it.   Sweet and simple!  I hope you'll take this opportunity to check out the projects at BBTB2 and maybe create a few special Christmas cards yourself to share with us by linking up over at the BBTB2 site.



Cricut:
CM Cheerful Seasons-holly cut at  3 1/2 inches
Stamps-Paper Smooches
Paper-CTMH kraft and solids
brown chalk ink, Stampin Up cherry cobbler ink for sentiments, black pen for doodling

3 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty holly cut and card. I love how you made the holly the total focus of your card. It is so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always fall for the cards using kraft paper, and yours is no exception. Nice card, the holly just jumps off the page. happy holidays

    ReplyDelete